Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lavender Crafts

I harvested my lavender bushes the other day. Since I only have 2 that are really doing anything this year the harvest was less than spectacular. Hopefully next year I will have more plants to harvest.
This is lavendula Hidcote and Alba (yes, it is white). Even though there wasn't a lot I still had enough to make some la
vender wands.I only made 3 and decided to dry the rest. I hope that later this summer I'll get another crop, so I can make more. :) If you're interested, you can find instructions to make your own lavender wands online. Just Google 'lavender wands'.


2 comments:

  1. Heather....I must admit that I haven't ever heard of Lavendar Wands, but WOWOWOWWW they are just beautiful. Your creations are just about the prettiest things I've seen in ages.

    Our winters are so harsh, I've lost them 3 yrs in a row. Apparently they don't like cold.

    Lovely wands. And cute kitties, too. FB wouldn't let me post tonight, so I'll do it here. They are truly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather these are so lovely! Your blog is just gorgeous! I am a follower and hope to update my links this weekend! Have a wonderful 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete