Tuesday, November 12, 2013

New Jewelry


Not much to write about this week.  The weather has turned much colder yesterday and today, but it seems that the temps will be heading back up tomorrow and into the weekend.  I spent last weekend working on a set of boxes that I was decorating for my local scrapbook store.  I don't have any photos to put up yet, but I think I can put some up next week.  I did finally get a picture of the rest of the jewelry that I made.


The pendant in the center with the owl on it is a watch!  The front is hinged with a spring hinge (so I can't get it to stay open so I could take a photo).  It's really heavy to wear though so I probably won't wear it often.

I've been trying to get another thrifting day in, but it seems that there's always something else that needs to be done.  Hopefully I'll be able to fit it in on Friday around getting the car seen to.  I need to find some skirts and/or dresses that I can use for layering.  I'd also like a heavy cardigan.  The ones I have are all pretty light.

I bought my first Christmas decorations for this year.  I found a set of the bottle brush style trees in pink with pink and teal ornaments on them.  There were three sizes.  I got the larger one first and then decided that I needed the other two.  So, tonight I went back and got them, too.  I think they're very shabby chic.


They'll go well with all the other shabby chic Christmas stuff that I use.  I was very excited to find them.  I also saw a light teal glitter tree at Target that I may have to go and buy.  I think the color will go well with the rest of the stuff.  I don't want it to be all pink, so I need some accent colors.

I checked a book out of the library called Fa, La, La, La, Felt.  It has several patterns for Christmas ornaments and little decorative items that looked very Mori-style to me.  Little mushroom ornaments and some evergreen trees with woodland animals and some stuffed owls that were really cute.  I'll post some photos of the projects I make when I get them done.

Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment